- “Cultural Zionism and Binationalism Among American Liberal Protestants,” Israel Studies 23, no. 2 (Summer 2018), 142-167.
- “Jacob Gartenhaus: The Southern Baptists’ Jew,” Journal of Southern Religion v. 19 (2017)
- “The Forgotten Origins of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Near East Mission – W.A. Hamlett’s Month in the Holy Land,” Baptist History and Heritage Journal LII, No. 2 (Summer 2017), 20-31.
- “American Cyrus? Harry Truman, the Bible, and the Palestine Question,” Journal of Church and State 59, No. 3 (September 2017), 447-465.
- “A Meshummad in Dixie: Jacob Gartenhaus as a Convert Missionary in the Southern Baptist Convention, 1921-1949.” In Konversion in Räumen jüdischer Geschichte, eds. Carsten Schapkow and Martin Przybilski (Wiesbaden: Dr. Ludwig Reichert Academic Press, 2014)
- “Evangelical support for Israel is neither permanent nor inevitable.” The Conversation (July 19, 2021).
- “The withdrawal from the Iran deal signals a new power player in Washington: Christian Zionists.” The Washington Post: Made by History (May 8, 2018).
- “The biggest fans of President Trump’s Israel policy? Evangelical Christians.” The Washington Post: Made by History (December 18, 2017).
- “Wine and Alcoholic Beverages,” in The Encyclopedia of Jews in the Islamic World, online edition, ed. Norman Stillman (Leiden: Brill, 2014)
- “Batna,” “Christian Missionaries and Missionary Schools,” “Jews in Arabic Cinema,” “Moses David Gaon,” “Nessim Gaon,” “Togo Mizrahi” in The Encyclopedia of Jews in the Islamic World, ed. Norman Stillman (Leiden: Brill, 2010)
- Shalom Goldman, Starstruck in the Promised Land: How the Arts Shaped American Passions about Israel (UNC Press, 2019). Reading Religion (2020).
- Jason M. Olson, America’s Road to Jerusalem (Lexington Books, 2018). Studies in Jewish-Christian Relations (2020).
- Daniel G. Hummel, Covenant Brothers: Evangelicals, Jews, and U.S.-Israeli Relations (Penn University Press, 2019). H-Judaic (2020).
- Keith Feldman, A Shadow Over Palestine: The Imperial Life of Race in America (University of Minnesota Press, 2017). Reading Religion (2017).
- Dov Waxman, Trouble in the Tribe: The American Jewish Conflict Over Israel (Princeton University Press, 2016). Reading Religion (2017)
- Melanie Trexler, Evangelizing Lebanon (Waco: Baylor, 2016). Reading Religion (2017).
- Christine Leigh Heyrman, American Apostles (NY: Hill and Wang, 2015). Reading Religion (2016).